Welcome to Johannes blog, enjoy!

Welcome to Johannes blog, enjoy!

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Final project

For my final project, I will look closer at the disastrous oil spill in the Mexican golf. This disaster occurd the 20th of april 2010 and lasted for months. It had a massive impact on humans as well as the nature, and it will take time for the natural life as well as for the humans to get back to the life and surroundings as they know it. Therefore, I think it can be interesting to to use the features as ManyEyes to perform text analysis on press releases from BP during the disaster. Due to the limitation of time, I will not be able to go thru them all. Therefore, I need make a selection. I want to see how they communicate in the beginning, middle and in the end of the catastrophe. ManyEyes allows to find similarities and patterns. I will also create a Timeline. Which, hopefully, connects with my text analysis, in that way that I can see patterns.

The press releases can be here 
http://www.bp.com/PressReleaseDateSorterAction.do?categoryId=2012968&contentId=2006635&year=2010&month=4&taxonomyId=2021012

This will be my last blog post on this blog, my work will be shown on a separate blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment